Question for Sheriff Candidates
Below are the questions for candidates for sheriff. If you have others, please email them to: email@example.com
New Reader Question: When enforcing state law, who, exactly, is the sheriff responsible to?
1. Why does the US have more people in prison than any other developed nation?
2. What laws would you like to not have to enforce?
3. What is the most frequent non-traffic crime in Sierra County?
4. What is community policing?
5. From the list below, what, legally, is the primary duty of law enforcement? Please explain.
6. What does this quotation mean to you:
"Neither a public entity or a public employee [may be sued] for failure to provide adequate police protection or service, failure to prevent the commission of crimes and failure to apprehend criminals." (California Government Code)
7. Two Part Question:
A. Explain your personal stance on medical cannabis, and;
B. Explain what you believe the law requires of the county sheriff regarding medical cannabis.